Obesity Solutions for Children:
Up to one 1 of every 5 children in the U. S. is overweight or obese, and this number is continuing to grow. Children have fewer weight-related health and medical problems than adults. However, overweight children are at high risk of becoming overweight adolescents and adults, placing them at risk of developing chronic diseases such as heart disease and diabetes later in life. They are also more prone to develop stress, sadness, and low self-esteem. We are happy to say Beachbody offers obesity solutions for children!
Obesity Solutions – The Facts from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC):
- Childhood obesity has more than tripled in the past 30 years.
- The percentage of children aged 6–11 years in the United States who were obese increased from 7% in 1980 to nearly 20% in 2008. Similarly, the percentage of adolescents aged 12–19 years who were obese increased from 5% to 18% over the same period.
- In 2008, more than one third of children and adolescents were overweight or obese.
- Overweight is defined as having excess body weight for a particular height from fat, muscle, bone, water, or a combination of these factors. Obesity is defined as having excess body fat.
- Overweight and obesity are the result of “caloric imbalance”—too few calories expended for the amount of calories consumed—and are affected by various genetic, behavioral, and environmental factors.
Obesity Solutions; 5 Tips to Fight Childhood Obesity:
Obesity Solutions #1: Beachbody has a program for your child!
When it comes to obesity solutions, home fitness is where it’s at. If you find your child staring at the TV and the computer, a home fitness program is the easiest way to start your child on the road to proper habits. There are now many kids’ programs to choose from and Beachbody offers several obesity solutions:
- Shaun Ts Fit Kids® Club-Shaun T and the Fit Kids are bringing the fun and fitness to help kids of every age achieve a healthy lifestyle! Plus get snack tips, a label-reading guide, and a FREE cool wall poster! Recommended for kids ages 7 and up.
- Tony and the Kids!-Get your kids excited about exercise with this fun and entertaining workout. With trainer Tony Horton. Recommended for kids age 5 to 12.
- Get Real with Shaun T-Young people of every shape and size, it’s your turn to get in shape! If you have a few pounds to lose or just want to feel more confident, Shaun’s got you covered. Follow these healthy and energizing workouts that focus on cardio and strength training to burn calories while having a blast. Recommended for kids ages 9 and up.
Obesity Solutions #2: Get them involved:
Thankfully, there are still many obesity solutions available through schools and community centers, as well as private organizations. Many of these cost very little money and, compared to the health cost of obesity, even a private trainer would be a bargain. Plus, your child will learn how to do some cool stuff.
Obesity Solutions #3: Drink Water
Soda pop has become a cultural mainstay as a refreshment in our country. Nothing could be worse for a growing body than a constant diet of sugar and phosphorus. Obesity solutions include drinking water and the elimination soda from the diet. This would cause obesity rates to plummet.
Obesity Solutions #4: Stay away from the Fast Food Drive Thru:
From clowns to playlands to strangely colored foods, they’ve been able to captivate kids all the way through adolescence. Think of how many high school hangouts are the local fast food place. And while they are starting to offer better options, how likely are a bunch of teenagers to sit around and gossip over salads? Obesity solutions for this one are tough, but having a plan where fast food is a treat, and not a staple, would be a huge improvement.
Obesity Solutions #5: Lead by Example:
It’s so easy these days to park yourself on the couch and not move for hours. You’ve got to be proactive about changing this. Whether it’s limits on TV, forcing your kids outside for part of the day, or organizing family hikes, you should do something to instill a lot of movement as a daily habit. And not just for your kids; it won’t hurt you a bit either!
Whether you’re young or young at heart, Beachbody has the obesity solution for you! Contact me and let’s discuss what works for you and your children!
In service & friendship,
Work With Me –LEADERS ONLY!
CLICK HERE to become a Beachbody Coach and you can represent these workouts and also save 25% on all products while earning commissions and bonuses.